The University of Benin (UNIBEN) Admission Screening Exercise (Post UTME) for 2019/2020 Academic Session will take place between Monday 5th August, 2019 and Monday 12th August, 2019 in designated centres within Ugbowo Campus of the University.
The Screening Exercise shall be conducted using the Computer Based Test (CBT)
All candidates are expected to be seated, latest one hour before the stipulated time for their screening exercise. PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who applied through JAMB for the 2019/2020 UTME Admission and chose University of Benin as First Choice and scored 200 and above are eligible for this Screening Exercise.
ELIGIBILITY – PLEASE NOTE:
Candidate must fulfill the following criteria:
- Only candidates who applied through JAMB for the 2019/2020 UTME Admission and chose the University of Benin as First Choice and scored 200 and above are eligible for this Screening Exercise
- Obtained at least five (5) credit passes at GCE O/L, SSCE, NECO, or their equivalent. The subjects must include English Language, and Mathematics (for courses for which a credit in mathematics is required) as well as three other relevant subjects (four if excluding mathematics); at not more than two sittings.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
All applications should be made between 8.00am 8th July, 2019 and Midnight of 29th July, 2019
The procedure for the Admission Screening (Post UTME) Application is as follows:
– Candidates are advised to have a valid E-Mail account before starting the application
1. Visit www.uniben.edu
2. Click on WAEUP Student Portal
3. Click on Register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
4. Enter your Surname exactly as written on the JAMB Registration slip and your JAMB Registration Number, immediately your ID and Password will be displayed on the browser.
5. On the WAEUP KOFA Student Portal click on ‘Login’ (top right of front page).
6. Enter your Username and password to login.
7. To start the application process, please click on the ‘Application record’ provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
8. Upload a RECENT and CLEAR “1 x 1” COLOUR PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WITH RED BACKGROUND IN JPEG FORMAT ONLY. Great care should also be taken to follow the specified formats on the UNIBEN website and portal. NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the University of Benin. FAILURE TO UPLOAD THE SPECIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION and failure/forfeiture of admission.
9. To pay for the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket” at the bottom of the
page, then click on “pay via Remita” on top left corner of the page. Follow the instruction to pay the application GROSS fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) with a valid ATM-Enabled card from any commercial Bank in Nigeria.
10. Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application online. (No correction will be accepted after the closing date).
11. Go back online on the appointed date to print out the acknowledgement slip that contains your specific screening schedule.
Note: Candidates are to come to their screening centres with the following:
GROUPING OF COURSES FOR SCREENING
1 SOCIAL SCIENCES AND ESTATE MANAGEMENT
– Social Sciences
– Management Sciences
– Education – Social Sciences
– Mathematics and Economics
– Estate Management
2 PHYSICAL SCIENCES
– Environmental Sciences
– Physical Sciences
– Education – Physical Sciences
– Technical Education
3 LIFE SCIENCES
– Basic Medical Sciences
– Life Sciences
– Education Life Sciences
– Education Arts
– Library and Information Sciences
– Guidance and Counseling
– Special Education
– Early Childhood Education
– Adult Education
Candidates should go back on-line on Friday 2nd August, 2019 to check for their specific day, venue and time for the screening.
PLEASE NOTE THAT GSM PHONES AND CALCULATORS ARE NOT ALLOWED
Application website closes by midnight of 29th July, 2019 (i.e. all applications must be concluded online not later than 29th July, 2019). Candidates, who pay after the deadline of Midnight 29th July, 2019 will not be screened.
A.O. Oshodin (Mrs.)