The Young Wing of Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo has dismissed rumours that a New Leader has emerged for the Organisation .
Below is a Press Release made Available to PUO REPORTS
It has come to the notice of Ohanaeze Youth Wing, OYW that the illegal and unconstitutional political appointee youth cliques created by the erstwhile President of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo to impersonate Okechukwu Isiguzoro led Ohanaeze Youth Wing would be unlawfully inaugurated on Tuesday, April 8, 2018 and we hereby, reiterate that there is no vacancy in Ohanaeze Youth Wing and shall regard this as an affront to create ill feelings within Ohanaeze youth that is likely to break public peace.
We call upon the leading public to note the following stand of Ohanaeze Youth Wing:
1. On the age limit, Arthur Obiorah, 56, is not qualified, for in Ohanaeze Youth Wing leadership, we are governed by the conventional stipulation known as United Nation’s standard, which is also prevalent in Nigeria youth age grade of 40 years
2. Arthur Obiorah did not meet the graduate school certificate standard and being a post-primary school drop-out he stands disqualified to lead Ohanaeze Youth Wing;
3. Arthur Obiora by his age 56, a grandfather with the 3 grandchildren, have no business being around Ohanaeze Youths, not to even talk about leading/representing Igbo youths before the public or even participating in ethnic nationality youth forums’ meetings with youth from Arewa, Afenifere, Ijaw, Middle Belt, etc
4. Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro remains the president of Ohanaeze Youth Wing until next April when the Abia tenure expires and a resource youth president emerges from Anambra; and Anambra are not in dearth of such resourceful and cerebral wise youth with pedigree that Arthur Obiora whose highest means of livelihood derives from his Motor Park tout would pose their best bet.
5. Be it noted that Ohanaeze Youth Wing is fully independent organ with full backing of the laws of the land and Igbo mandate fully registered appropriately as a cooperate entity and will sue and sued for. However Ohanaeze Youths will not be deterred from fully operating democratically and as well continue to serve Ndigbo well, with respects other peoples humanity.
6. It is verily, regrettable that erstwhile President Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Nnia Nwodo, still forcing himself on the Igbo’s and against Igbo preferred Prince Richard Ozobu presidency has made a political charade appointment to usurp Ohanaeze youth Wing leadership. It is clear desperation of a man who wants to cover a genuine opposition outside and within Ohanaeze on why should Ohanaeze Ndigbo repeat the mistakes of the past without proper consultation and endorse his presidential aspirant from Northeast
Conclusion: While Ohanaeze Youth Wing led by Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro will continue to be peaceful and not be seen violent; we will use appropriate legal means to seek redress of any abnormally done to us by Nwodo and his puppet youths presently doing his bidding. We warned that we should not be held responsible if Nwodo’s play with fires eventually lead to breach of public peace. We are afraid that the rank and files of the Igbo youths led Ohanaeze Youth Wing are not happy with Nwodo’s dance of shames and may be pushed to actions beyond OYW restraints. Hence we call upon Nwodo to call off his Ohanaeze Youth Wing’s charade/inauguration that peace may continue to reign in Igbo’s Southeast and avoid turning the region to another Northeast crises zone. .
Signed and dated: April 7, 2018 in Enugu
Mazi Okwu Nnabuike
Secretary General, Ohanaeze Youth Wing
Comrade Obinna Achionye
Deputy President, Ohanaeze Youth Wing