The Director General of NIMASA and 2015 governorship candidate of APC in Rivers State, Dr Dakuku Adol Peterside has now cancelled his planned declaration this weekend following the adoption of Tonye Cole.
Indication has also emerged that Dakuku Peterside has now jettisoned his governorship ambition as a result of the development.
In a statement personally signed by him, titled “UNITY TO TRIUMPH”, Dr Dakuku said he has no ill-feelings on the choice of TDC by his boss, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.
He described APC as a family and directed his teaming supporters to now support Tonye Cole and also maintain their loyalty to the leader of the party in the state and Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.
Here is DAP’s statement:
Yesterday our leader, Rt Hon C R Amaechi, whom we all subscribe to his leadership made a decision of whom we should back for the office of the Governor of Rivers State in 2019. The lot fell on my friend and brother in Christ , Tonye Dele Cole .
2. I made a commitment to the group earlier to stand by whatever decision the leader makes in the overall interest of the party and rivers state . I reiterated my position yesterday in the leadership meeting. I thus stand by the decision on TDC .
3. We have toiled from 2013 to date ( a period of five years ) and have made sacrifices & lost lives in course of enthroning the kind of government we want in Rivers State; a government that will guarantee peace , unity and prosperity. In course of the struggle we bonded as one indivisible family under God.
4. The decision by the Leader has been meet with mixed reactions, which is expected. My appeal is that we allow the greater interest of APC & RVS to prevail .
5. To those who believe in the vision I shared in the past 5 years , the leadership I gave at various times & the path of loyalty to the cause I have chosen over time , I urge you all to stand by the Leader, the party and the ordinary people of rivers state in support of TDC . I personally pledge my loyalty to the Leader (who is to me family ) and the decision he has made . I enjoin all my supporters to queue behind our leader CRA & ensure total victory for our party.
6. I pray for unity among the members of APC & VICTORY in the 2019 election.
Dakuku Peterside PhD