The Sole Administrator of Rivers State Waste Management Agency, RIWAMA, Bro Felix Obuah has ordered the immediate termination of NUELDAVOUR CONCEPTS LTD, Service Provider covering Rumuadaolu Road, for negligence of duty and failure to heed repeated warnings to clean the area of wastes.
The Sole Administrator has also given the following Service Providers and Road Sweepers 48-hour ultimatum to keep their areas/zones clean or risk being sacked.
Waste Management (Warning) 48hrs
1. Picho Resources – Service Provider covering Elelenwo Road
2. Sidafeco Ventures Limited – Service Provider covering Mile One
3. Royal George Nig. Ltd. – Service Provider covering East-West Road Behind Bori Camp
4. Gauf Nig. Ltd. – Service Provider covering Nkpo Village
5. Macpee Agencies Ltd. – Service Provider covering NTA Road and Environs
6. Chintek Crystal Resources Ltd. – Service Provider covering Iwofe Road
7. Anace Engineering – Service Provider covering SARS Road/ Eliopkokpodu
Sweeping (Warning) 48hrs
1. Snow White Cleaners Nig. Ltd – covering Aba Road
2. Emmadoju Services Nig. – covering NTA Road
3. Road Sweepers covering Education to Ikwerre Road to Rumuokoro
4. Smooth Global Operation Services – covering Slaughter to YKC Road Woji
The RIWAMA Sole Administrator, Bro Obuah noted with dismay that Road Sweepers working in the affected areas seem to have made it a habit to sweep and dump sand on the median of the road, which is conducive for weeds to grow on the median and which in turn help to deface the environment.
Road Sweepers should therefore endeavour to see that all wastes are properly disposed off at the designated receptacles only and not on the median, Bro Obuah warned.
In the event of any breakdown of trucks, Bro Obuah advised that Service Providers should hire trucks to clear the wastes daily rather than wait for the repairs of such trucks before cleaning the affected areas.
The Agency, he said, will no longer tolerate any excuse of breakdown of trucks, by any Service Provider and should ensure that their zones are clean every day before 7am or have jobs terminated without reference to them.