* Throw 21 possers at lawmaker
Major stakeholders of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in Arochukwu Local Government Area of Abia State, have adduced reasons for passing a vote of no confidence on the member representing Ohafia /Arochukwu federal constituency in the House of Representatives, Hon. Uko Nkole.
The stakeholders had last week at a strategic meeting in Umuahia, withdrawn their support for the lawmaker who they alleged was not only docile but a mole for the opposition All Progressive Congress, APC in PDP.
They threatened to commence the process of recalling the lawmaker “if he fails to sit up”.
But Nkole had in a swift response dismissed the stakeholders as cloud without rain.
He argued that no genuine stakeholders’s meeting could hold without his knowledge as the highest political office holder from the constituency, or the consent of the council Chairman.
The PDP Chairman in the Council , Odum Okemini had also dissociated self from the stakeholders’ meeting describing those in attendance as “impostors “.
Both the party Chairman and Nkole, urged members of the public to disregard the position of the “purported stakeholders “.
But reacting to the duo’s response, the stakeholders comprising ‘who is who’ in Arochukwu PDP including former and serving commissioners, former Secretary to the State Government, former and current Special Advisers and Assistants to the Governor, former Council chairmen, and ex-PDP chairmen, said Nkole had dug his political grave.
They gave more reasons they withdrew their support for the lawmaker and challenged him with 21 posers which they dared him to respond to with facts.
Some of the stakeholders present at the meeting were former SSG, Mazi Donatus Okorie; former Commissioner for Commerce and lawmaker, Dr. Sampson Orji (represented by Mike Onwuchekwa); and former Arochukwu LGA Chairmen , Princely Kingsley Ngunu, and James Kalu.
Others were former Speaker Arochukwu Legislative Council, Nwabueze Okoro (Proper); former Council PDP Chairmen, Tony Nwankwo, and Obinna Nwankwo.
Present also were a PDP strong man in Abam, Engr. Isaac Nkole ; Special Adviser to Governor Ikpeazu, Chief Felix Ukpabi; former lawmaker, Chief Tom Ezikpe; Frank Nwafor; and PDP women Leader in the council, Ugoeze Ochioha Okereke.
The stakeholders in a statement Tuesday jointly signed by former Council Chairman, and and former Arochukwu Legislative Council Chief Whip, Hon Cletus Nwankwo, challenged Nkole with the following 21 posers :
1. Why is it that you have not sponsored even a single bill in your five years in the House of Representatives?
2. How many jobs have you assisted the graduates from Arochukwu clan, ututu, Isu and Ihechiowa to secure in the last five years?
3. What is the situation of Nmuri Bridge and why have you failed to secure repairs from the federal government agencies?
4. Why is Ndi Ebe Bridge another failed project under your watch?
5. Why are you maintaining grave silence on the Okobo Bridge, and have woefully failed to attract NDDC to the road?
6. What have you achieved with the N750 million constituency project funds in five years at an average of N150m per annum?
7. Why are you openly celebrating the failure of Senator Mao Ohuabunwa to return to senate. Is it because you sabotaged the efforts of your party PDP?
8. Why are you desperate to be called the Leader of Arochukwu stakeholders despite the fact that Chief Mao Ohuabunwa is a two time house of reps member and a one time member of the Senate?
9. Why did Dr. Philips Nto suddenly become your enemy despite the fact that he sufficiently assisted you in 2015 and also got Prince Dan to back you up financially?
10. Why are your constituents not getting briefing/up-dates from you on the ongoing Arochukwu -Ohafia Road which was attracted by Senator Mao Ohuabunwa?
11. Why was only paltry N30m allocated to such a key project in the 2019 budget under your watch as Federal House Member?
12. Why are you the only deaf and dumb member of the nineth Assembly?
13. Why are you not just talking on the floor of the House of Representatives like other prominent lawmakers from Abia?
14. If you cannot sponsor a bill why not at least move a motion or co-sponsor one with other legislators?
15.Why are you not considered competent to chair a House Committee or even to be a Deputy Chairman despite being a two-term House member? Your counterpart representing Bende federal constituency who is just a first timer is a Chairman of a committee and doing well, yet you are docile.
16. Why are you in Abam receiving delegations from around Abia North even when you are neither a senator nor the Governor?
17. Why is it that you always end up in quarrel with all the people that assisted you in life, eg Jones Ike that took you to Senator Onyeka Okorafor after your NYSC ?
18. Why was Late Senator Okorofor who made you his PA and later got you employment in Federal Capital Development Authority, FCDA, not in talking terms with you before he died?
19. Why is Chief Okpii that harboured you when you arrived Umuahia on tour of politics now your enemy?
20 Why did you suddenly part ways with your benefactors like Senator Mao Ohuabunwa , Chief Chris Ojembe , Rt. Hon. Agwu U. Agwu , Chief Onwuka Ore , Dan Okere, James Ume, Kums etc? What is your relationship with the Deputy Governor, and the PDP leadership in Abia?
21. Why did you dabble into Ezeship tussle in Abam? Are you now both the traditional and political leader ?
Those following you now should join us to ask this question because very soon you will also thrown them into the dustbin.