COMMUNIQUE FOR ANNOUNCEMENT OF CHIEF SIR OKECHUKWU AHIWE, KSJI, AS THE ABIA STATE PDP CONSOLIDATED CONSENSUS GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE AND CONTESTANT, FOR MARCH 11, 2023, ABIA GOVERNORSHIP ELECTIONS, BY A COALITION OF 170 CIVIL SOCIETY GROUPS IN ABIA STATE.
Based on the urgent need for a new dependable leadership in Abia State, new accountable leadership in Abia State, new responsible leadership in Abia State, new amiable leadership in Abia State, new positive leadership in Abia State, new progressive leadership in Abia State, new proactive leadership in Abia State, new constructive leadership in Abia State, new purposeful leadership in Abia State, and new people – oriented leadership in Abia State, we members of 170 Civil society groups in Abia State, ten groups from each of the 17 LGA’s in Abia State, after five hours of critical, analytical, and political deliberations, at the Block Rosary Hall, CKC Cathedral, Aba, Abia State, on Friday, 3rd March, 2023, resolve as follows :
1) That we unanimously and with due sense of Abia patriotism, humility, integrity, and dignity, announce the Abia State PDP Governorship Candidate, Chief Sir Okechukwu Ahiwe, a member of the Knight of St John International as the Consolidated Consensus Candidate for all Abians, both indigenes, and non indigenes, for the Saturday, March 11, 2023, Governorship and State House of Assembly Elections.
2) That all the 170 groups, call on all women, youth and men of voting age, to vote for Chief Sir Okechukwu Ambrose Ahiwe as the next Governor of Abia State on March 11, 2023.
3) That the new Government of Chief Sir Okechukwu Ahiwe is committed to fufilling all financial, monetary, salary, allowance, and pensions of all persons in Abia State within the shortest possible time after being sworn in as the new Abia State Governor on 29th May, 2023.
4) Finally, that these coalition of 170 Groups, stand to guarantee that Chief Okechukwu Ambrose Ahiwe, will serve Abia State, both indigenes, and non indigenes, to the best of his ability, with humility, honesty, integrity, decency, perspicacity, and dignity to the joy and happiness of all Abia Citizens, under the canopy of God Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth, so be it.
Signed : For Coalition of 170 Abia Civil Society Groups led by Amb Lady Eucheria Osuala, 1) President International Women leadership Forum.
2) Chief Peter Maduekwe, Chairman, Umuneochi People’s Forum
3) Chief Humphrey Nwasimo, President, Aba South Leaders Assembly
4) Chief Brown Kabra, Chairman, Bende People’s Network
5) Dr Ukpai Uma Eleazu, Chairman, Ohafia Movement For Change
6) Hon Okoro A. Okoro, Chairman, Arochukwu Association For Good Governance
7) Hon Comrade Iwundu Okeke, Chairman, Anambra Association, Abia State
8) Apostle Chinedu Ikpeama, Chairman, Imo National Union
9) Hon Agwu O. Agwu, Chairman, Ebonyi peoples Forum. 10) Hon Uchechi ulelu Nworgu, obuda peoples Association Aba South LGA.