The parents of the three children, who were kidnapped by their nanny, Mary Akinloye, last Wednesday, have lamented their inability to raise the N13m ransom demanded by the kidnappers for the release of their children.It was learnt that the kidnappers refused to reduce the money, and insisted the ransom must be paid or they would kill the children.
Our correspondent had reported that the children’s mother, Adebisi Orekoya, had posted on OLX, that the family needed the service of a nanny.
Akinloye was said to have contacted the family on the telephone for the job.
She was said to have resumed work on Tuesday. She disappeared with the three children on Wednesday after their parents went out.
The missing kids are Demola (6 ), Adedamola (4 ) and Aderomola, (11 months).
The abductors, who contacted the family, demanded N15m ransom, before reducing it to N13m after passionate pleas from the parents of the kidnapped children.
A family source, who pleaded not to be named, told our correspondent on Monday that the family was in disarray.
He said, “The family has been thrown into an untold trauma. As of Friday last week, my brother received a text message and the kidnappers threatened to waste the children if the N13m was not paid within 24 hours.
“Their mother is a shadow of her old self. She is devastated. She loves all her children no doubt, but she is concerned more about 11-months-old Aderomola. She never ceases to call out to him everyday, wondering what type of food he was being fed with. During one of the conversations, she was allowed to speak with the children who claimed they were being taken care of. But the issue now is how to raise the requested amount.”
On his part, father of the abducted children, Leke, said the family was still struggling to raise the money.
He said, “We are still trying to raise the money. They have not shifted ground. The amount is still what they demanded (N13 m). My wife is devastated at the moment and we are praying and hoping that we would be able to reunite with our children soon.”
When contacted, spokesman for the Lagos State Police Command, Kenneth Nwosu, said investigation into the abduction was still ongoing, adding that efforts were on to rescue the children as early as possible.