The Special Assistant, Research and Social Media to Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, Mr Saint Mienpamo has lambasted the All Progressive Congress (APC) for its disputed governorship primaries in the state.According to him, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) remains the party to beat, adding that the APC “does not exist in Bayelsa.”

In an interview with DAILY POST on Friday, Mienpamo said the PDP was not surprised over the verbal attacks trailing the September 22 primary.

Former Bayelsa State Governor, Timipre Sylva and Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State have been exchanging words over the outcome.

While Sylva insists that he did not truncate the electoral process as being speculated, Oshiomhole said what transpired was not free and fair.

He alleged that Sylva induced delegates, intimidated supporters of rivals, compromised the Police and also thugs to cause violence.

Responding, Sylva called Oshiomhole a liar who “claims to be morally upright with a strong ethical orientation but landed in Yenagoa for the primary in a helicopter provided by a friend of one of the aspirants”.

Speaking, Mienpamo wondered how the APC that cannot conduct ordinary primary intends to govern an entire state.

“I have seen impunity and I have seen elections. But what I witnessed at APC primary was scary,” he said.

“An aspirant’s convoy was attacked by Sylva’s thugs even as boys loyal to another aspirant, Timi Alaibe viscously attacked their opponents. The Police and thugs jointly attacked delegates while aspirants, aides and supporters had to flee the venue for their lives.

“As Governor Oshiomhole was speaking, the microphone was forcefully taken off his hands. His security detail was dismantled by cultists who held him hostage for hours. It took the intervention of soldiers.

“A zebra will never outgrow its stripes. It was a sad reminder of how things were in our dear state a few years ago but the people will not make another mistake; we will not allow impunity to walk tall in front of us again.

“Governor Dickson has brought peace to Bayelsa and our state will not to go back to the era of killing and unlawful attacks on innocent Bayelsans by Sylva and his gang of cultists.”

Mienpamo also revealed what he described as ‘behind the scene’ happenings in the build up to the APC primary.

“Sylva is someone nobody should associate with. Prior to that primary, he lured all the aspirants one by one and advised them to join the APC with their supporters.”

“He followed that up by promising to ensure that they will get the ticket. Simply put, Sylva deceived them.

“He kept on assuring them that, ‘Please come and join APC, I will make you governor. I brought APC to Bayelsa and as the leader, I can convince the national leadership of the party to make you our governorship candidate.’

“The aspirants fell for his sweet talk and left PDP. To further outsmart them, Sylva collected their money and now using same against them (laughs). Trust me, APC are yet to know the kind of person they are dealing with.

“Virtually all those aspirants you see were in PDP. They didn’t read the writings on the wall; they didn’t seek wise counsel; they refused to use adequate intelligence because they were too ambitious and wanted to be governor.

“They blindly followed Sylva to APC; a man whose sole reason for joining the APC was to spite former President and our leader, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

“Sylva was frustrated and allowed that to affect his reasoning and judgement. Now look at what he is facing; allegations and condemnations.”

On the chances of his principal at the December 5 governorship election, Mienpamo replied: “Governor Seriake Dickson will extremely defeat them.

“The truth is that we even want Sylva to get APC ticket so that we can disgrace him. We want to prove to those that are carrying him high like one trophy that he is a baggage and ‘bad market’.

“Dickson will win 90 per cent of the votes. Sylva and APC will still share the remaining 10 percent,” Mienpamo boasted.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

nineteen + nine =