Ministers of Assemblies Of God Nigeria in the entire Northern Part of the country has declared absolute and unalloyed Loyalty and Support to the General Council Leadership led by Rev Dr Chidi Okoroafor.
The Ministers made their declaration via a communique issued at the end of the three Day National Assemblies Of God Ministers Conference which held at the Evangel Theological Seminary Jos
Below is the Communique issued by the Ministers
GENERAL COUNCIL ASSEMBLIES OF GOD NIGERIA
MINISTERS CONFERENCE, NORTHERN ZONE
HELD ON 20TH – 24TH JUNE 2016
ON THE THEME: FULFILLING YOUR MINISTRY
AT EVANGEL THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, JOS
A COMMUNIQUÉ PRESENTED BY THE
REV. EMMANUEL O. IHUOMA – CHAIRMAN
REV. CHRIS BUSARI – MEMBER
REV PAUL ADIM – MEMBER
REV. JOSHUA NYAKO – MEMBER
REV. NUHU IDI – MEMBER
REV. TONY ESEH – MEMBER
REV. EVANG. SYLVESTER CONDI UWAH – SECRETARY
The Northern Zone of the 2016 Ministers’ Conference, Assemblies of God Nigeria wishes to appreciate the General Superintendent of the Church, the Rev. Dr. Chidi Okoroafor, the Assistant General Superintendent, Rev. Pastor Ejikeme Ejim, the General Secretary, Rev. Dr. Godwin Amaowo, the General Treasurer, the Rev. (Dr.) Vincent Alaje, the Director of Corporate Ministries, Rev. Iyke Okoro and other supporting team members for all the effort made to put this programme together.
IMPACT OF THE CONFERENCE
The Northern Zone has been tremendously blessed through this conference. This is evidenced by the positive response of the participants who repeatedly throw themselves at the Altar before the Lord for purging, for commitment, and for empowerment for greater service.
Having listened carefully to all the paper presentations, the nuggets and the messages given at this conference; having understood the heart-beat of our leaders for this church, which is to reposition the church in the will of God for her, and having determined to key into this heart beat, we of the Northern zone have therefore made the following resolves:
1. Having realized that we had personally and collectively made mistakes which had negatively affected the ministry, we have hereby resolved never to repeat our mistakes.
2. We have also resolved never to labour under personal mistake/decision by retracing our callings so that we can give ourselves and our time only to what we were called to do in the ministry.
3. In view of the prevalence of sexual immorality among ministers of today which is a total contradiction to the cause of Christ, we have resolved to maintain our “Nazarite vow” by living a holy life, unto which we were called.
4. We have also resolved to match character with anointing in our ministry.
5. We have resolved to identify our individual’s and collectives weak points and intentionally handle them.
6. We have resolved to make changes where necessary and to avoid making changes which are not necessary.
7. Knowing that all successful men and women in different fields of human endavour are products of mentoring, we have hereby resolved to mentor the up-coming generation in keeping with Biblical Pattern and Christ’s example.
8. In view of the fact that sermons on rapture have become a scarce commodity in the church today, we have resolved to regularly preach the Second Coming of Christ to make our membership conscious of the rapture.
9. Considering the fact that the rate of Baptism in the Holy Spirit has drastically reduced, we have hereby resolved to give more emphasis to the subject by preaching and teaching on it and to regularly and intentionally make altar calls to people to be baptized in the Holy Spirit.
10. Knowing that personal encounter with God is both indispensable and essential to fulfilling personal ministry, we have hereby resolved to reflect on our individual place of meeting with God and the message with which He met us; and peradventure there are ministers among us who never had an encounter, such people should seek God for a way forward.
11. Knowing that it is very hazardous to continue to minister without divine credential, we have resolved to embark on operation check ourselves to see if our credential is still intact, and to make deliberate effort to correcting every anomaly in that regard.
12. In keeping with the command of Christ and with the spirit of implicit obedience, we have resolved to go back to our churches and theological seminaries to raise disciples for Christ rather than raising members for ourselves.
13. Despite the fact that fake miracles and fake signs and wonders are prevalent today, and having the understanding that the presence of the fakes presupposes the presence of the original, we have resolved to seek the face of God for miracles, signs and wonders in our ministry so as to make positive and relevant impact in our generation.
14. In view of the consequences associated with the “I will be king” syndrome as seen in the life of Adonijah, Absalom and others, we have resolved to face our ministry and to support our leaders, and to stop craving for position in the body of Christ.
15. Having observed that the altar of God is sacred and that the rumblings on the altar today are a clear desecration of this altar, we have resolved to go back and maintain the sanctity of the altar, by not using the altar as a platform to lie, to display talents, to curse, or do all such things that are profaning to God.
16. Having the understanding that temptation is inevitable and that everyone is vulnerable to it, we have resolved to be careful on how we live as ministers of the gospel.
17. Having observed that there are distractions in the ministry, we have resolved to do our very best in fulfilling our ministry by emphasizing the ministry rather than the office.
18. Having observed that in some of our local churches programmes are used as means of fund raising, we have resolved to henceforth use programme for the edification of the church.
19. Subsequently, with the knowledge that most of our churches do not organize programmes for the spiritual growth of the church, we have resolved to change our attitude by organizing special programmes not less than twice a year to meet the needs of the church.
20. Having observed that this conference has immensely blessed our ministers and having the understanding that the more the emphasis, the better the response, we hereby request the leadership of the church to make ministers conference a bi-annual event, and not after four years.
21. Finally, in the spirit of total obedience to God and denominational loyalty, we also hereby resolved to continue with our determination to give our loyalty and full support to the General Council of the Assemblies of God Nigeria under the leadership of Rev. Dr. Chidi Okoroafor.
Thank you all and God bless!
Rev. Emmanuel O. Ihuoma (Chairman) …………………………………
Rev. Chris Busari (Member) ………………………………………………
Rev Paul Adim (Member) …………………………………………………
Rev. Joshua Nyako (Member) …………………………………………….
Rev. Nuhu Idi (Member) …………………………………………………..
Rev. Tony Eseh (Member) ……………………………………………….
Rev. Evang. Sylvester Condi Uwah (Secretary)…………………………