Abia State Government has announced a dissolution of all the Market Associations in Aba,the Commercial Nerve Centre of the State and its environs with immediate effect.
The Commissioner for Trade and Investment Chief Charles Ogbonnaya gave this directive during an interactive session he held today in Aba with the ASMATA executives, all market executives, elders and women leaders of the markets in Aba.
The CSOs of the markets and the Market Masters were asked to take charge of the market administration pending when new executives will be reconstituted. The Trade and Investment boss expressed gratitude to the past executives for their service and wished them well in all their endeavors.
Speaking on behalf of the outgoing executives, the former chairman Ariaria International Market Aba, Elder Emeka Igara thanked the commissioner and the Government Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu for giving them the opportunity of having served the state in their capacity as chairmen.
The Perm Secretary Ministry of Trade and Investment Mr. Onyema Abariukwu and other directors in the ministry were present.
They market Executives affected are:
1. Ariaria International Market Aba
2. Ekeoha Shopping Centre Aba
3. Eziukwu Road Market Aba
4. Ngwa Road Market
5. Ochendo Shoe and Bags Market
6. Ehere Modern Market
7. Asa Nnetu Motor Spare parts.
8. Uratta Integrated Market.
9. Osisioma Model Market foam Market.
10. Umuehilegbu Industrial Market
11. Allen Market, Aba
12. Stadium Plaza
13. Old Court Market
14. Ochendo Vegetables Market
15. Plant Dealers Association
16. Power line Industrial Market
17. Orie Ohabia Market
18. Livestock Traders market.
19. Nkwo Ngwa Main Market
20. Ehere Electronics Market