Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) is one of the worlds leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries conducting business worldwide including Nigeria.
We hereby invite applications for employment, in the position specified below from qualified candidates:
Job Position: Mooring Master Trainee
Job Location: Delta (Escravos)
- The Mooring Master acts as Chevron representative on Export Tankers. He is the point of contact with government representatives and officials during exports to ensure efficient, coordinated export activities are achieved.
- Document performance and condition of export tankers, prepare reports for CVX Clearance and vetting system.
- Perform export tanker arrival safety inspection and ensures compliance of Export Tankers, Masters, Officers and crew with Chevron requirements.
- Responsible for advising Export tanker Captain, officers and crew on safe activities with the following key activities:
- Safe pilotage/Mooring operations and export tanker approach to berths
- Pre-loading activities including all check lists
- Communication between export tanker, Terminal and hold back tug
- Conducting safe mooring and unmooring operations
- Safe cargo hose conneciton and disconnection
- Hold back tug connection and disconnection
- All Cargo/Ballast Handling operations
- Export paperwork, including sampling and calculations of cargo volumes
- Responsible for export tanker safe position keepiong once export tanker is safely moored at Chevron Terminals. Monitor mooring system and equipment while export tankers berthed at Terminals. Supervision of Mooring Technicians during all mooring operations and hose conneciton and disconnection.
- Support the implementation of the Chevron Operational Excellence Management System – OEMS processes, ensures all marine operations conducted at Chevron Terminals are completed safely and in compliance with the Company Safe Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring training of new recruits and trainee Mooring Masters/Loading Masters is conducted in a timely and professional manner.
- Takes a proactive role in safetry and environmental management consistent with Policy 530, API RP 14C/14J guidelines, ISGOTT, OCIMF guidelines, applicable maritime regulatory requirements and accepted industry standard for safety and environmental practices. Monitors and supports Field HES programs including safety training, compliance reviews, near-miss/incidents investigation and reporting emergency preparedness and response spill reporting and response, safety and communications meetings and process improvement initiatives. Complies with Chevron behavioral safety principles.
Coordination with his Supervisor on export operations planning, including:
- Export tanker scheduling
- All aspects of government and agent liaison
- Partner requirements
- Export tanker operations
- Inward and outward clearance
- Cargo discrepancies
- Operational issues resolution
The Mooring Master shall have:
- An unlimited Class 1 Deck License with an appropriate dangerous cargo endorsement for crude oil.
- An extensive knowledge of SPM type facilities including but not limited to export operations and maintenance of all equipment and systems.
- High quality communications skills and be able to coordinate activities remotely when operating outside of normal work locations.
- Core skills associated with Bridge Resource Management are essential all Mooring Masters must be able to understand personal limitations and assess operational risk in order to develop mitigation plans.
- Served in a senior capacity on board tankers > 25.000 tonnes during their sea going career for at least 36 months.
- Skill in the shiphandling of large tankers. Offshore Marine Terminal operations.
- Served for a minimum of (10) years as a Mooring Master experienced with safe berthing of tankers at offshore terminal export facilities.
- Capability of working a 28/28 day rotational assignment in a remote location
- Unlimited Ocean-Going Master Mariner license with “Dangerous Cargo” (Oil & Gas) endorsement
- Experience: A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in marine transportation, offshore terminals, mooring and cargo transfer operations