The Attorney General of Plateau State on The 3rd of May 2018 ask a Former General Superintendent Of Assemblies Of God Nigeria Rev Paul Emeka and his Followers to Surrender to the Leadership of Rev Dr Chidi Okoroafor as the Legally Recognized General Superintendent.
The leadership of both followers of Paul Emeka and the General Council in Jos met with the Attorney General of Plateau State on the 3rd of May 2018. The Attorney General emphatically stated that the status quo is the position of the Court of Appeal Judgment upheld by the Supreme Court which is that Rev Chidi Okoroafor is the General Superintendent Of Assemblies Of God Nigeria .
Other Positive Report from Jos.
1. One of Rev Emeka stooge by name Rev Abraham Onazi was yesterday arraigned before a magistrate Court sitting in Jos over breach of peace and causing crisis in place of worship. He disrupted the church service in AGC and the security agencies relying on the Supreme Court decision and the Legal opinion of the Attorney General of plateau state charged him to Court. Though he was granted bail he was asked to produce a Traditional ruler. Matter adjourned to the 22nd of June 2018 for trial. He was amongst those that went to fight members on the church on Sunday 6th of May 2018 while serveice was going on.
2. The Tudun Wada church that was sealed by the Nigerian Army on the instigation of Rev. Emeka has been unsealed and handed over to The AGC General Council. We wrote to the Nigerian Army. The Chief of Army Staff relying on our letter and the Supreme Court decision personally directed that the Church should be unsealed and same was unsealed in the presence of Rev. Emeka Stooges and the keys were handed over to Rev Ejeike of the AGC General Council. Find attached a copy of the letter to the Chief of Army staff.
3. The Magistrate Court in Suit No PLD/J517/2017 in a well detailed ruling delivered on the 23/4/18 directed the Rev Emeka dismissed group to immediately reopen the church they earlier closed or risk veing sent to prison. Find attached a copy of the Court Order.
4. We met with the Commissioner of Police Plateau State and he said that in line with Legal Opinion of the Attorney General of Plateau he has commenced detailed investigation into the unfortunate incidence that happened during the Easter retreat at the Jos District headquaters. He said the culprit no matter how highly placed will be charged to Court.
5. Contrary to the rumours, Rev. Jacobs Langs is still in occupation of The District headquaters and in charge of Jos District.
The Church is in the safe hands of the Holy Spirit and under the leadership of Rev. Chidi Oloroafor.