Jonathan Yet to Declare 2027 Presidential Ambition — Aide

0
Spread the post

Special Adviser to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Jude Imagwe, has stated that there is no evidence suggesting that the former Nigerian leader has purchased a presidential nomination form ahead of the 2027 elections.

Imagwe made the clarification on Wednesday during an interview on News Central Television while reacting to ongoing speculations surrounding Jonathan’s alleged presidential ambition.

His remarks followed claims by Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, chieftain Umar Sani, who alleged that Jonathan had already obtained a presidential nomination form in preparation for the 2027 general election.

However, Imagwe dismissed the reports, insisting that no official action had been taken by the former president regarding a possible presidential bid.

“There is no suggested evidence that shows that my boss (Goodluck Jonathan) purchased or obtained the form.

“Some people said they granted him a waiver. If they have done that in the circuit, I as an individual do not know that they granted him waiver. They are trying to make all this ceremony out of it.

“I find it relatively difficult to suggest right now that my boss, the former president, is actually contesting an election and if he’s contesting an election, it shouldn’t be announced to people by Prozy.

“He’s a strong man of strong character and strong personality having served in respective capacities, so, people should not announce for him whether he’s contesting an election or he’s not contesting. It’s a decision that he has to take,” Imagwe said.


Spread the post

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Currently you have JavaScript disabled. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser.