WEST AFRICAN SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (WASSCE) FOR PRIVATE CANDIDATES 2018 – SECOND SERIES
1. REGISTRATION FOR THE EXAMINATION
Intending candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, 2018-Second Series are hereby informed that the registration will be online. After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to www.waeconline.org.ng for registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been
designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
2. REGISTRATION PERIOD: The normal registration period is from Monday, May 14,2018 to Friday, July 6,2018.
3. MODE OF PAYMENT
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only,
at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
– Zenith Bank Ple
– Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
– United Bank for Africa Plc
– Sterling Bank Plc
– Access Bank Plc
– First Bank of Nig. Plc
– Diamond Bank Plc
– First City Monument Bank Plc
– Skye Bank Plc
– Ecobank Ple
– Fidelity Bank Plc
– Heritage Bank Plc
– WEMA Bank Plc
– Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
– Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
– Standard Chartered Bank Plc
– Unity Bank Plc
In addition, candidates will be required to pay five hundred naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates
provided they register not less than twenty four hours to the scheduled time of the paper (s) they intend to write. The Walk-in-
Candidates” fee is Twenty Five Thousand Naira (N25,000.00) only
5. CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their disabilities e.g
blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc
6. COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION
Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They
should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates ofbirth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the
Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the
examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for
7. GENERAL INFORMATION
– Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
– Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
– Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
– Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The
background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUEORRED.The size should be 275 by 314 pixels.
Entries with u
– Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can
download from WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN
– Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be
allowed in the examination halls,
– The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
– Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall
– Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and/or electronic gadget(s)wl have his
or her entire results cancelled.
– Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be
held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any
information which a candidate voluntarily
on as the examination
– Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
– Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted
OLU I. ADENIPEKUN
HEAD OF NATIONAL OFFICE