Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into in the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna for the the 71st REGULAR COURSE.
REQUIREMENTS / ELIGIBILITY
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website / applications portal, as well as in the JAMB Brochure and website. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal. Please note that working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage to applicants
1. To be eligible for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, a candidate must have the following:
2. Minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE (WAEC , NECO or NABTEB) or GCE ‘O’ Level obtained in not more than 2 sittings relevant to the Faculty of their choices.
3. Credit in English Language and Mathematics.
4. At least two supporting relevant credits to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Military Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences while that of Faculty of Science is shown in the columns for compulsory and relevant credits. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
5. Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old as at the month of August in the year of entry into the Academy (2018). Note that candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 18 years old at entry, and also the Nigerian Army has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
6. Must not be less than 1.68 metres tall for male and 1.58 metres for female.
7. Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
8. Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
9. Present a Certificate of State of Origin obtained from a Local
Government Area or a Certificate of State Indigeneship from the Office of the State Governor.
10. Working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage.
11. Furthermore, candidates are to note the following:
12. Candidates awaiting results are not qualified. Application forms submitted without results will not be accepted.
13. Only examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
14. Currently, admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, and is limited to Navy and Air Force in the case of female candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
NDA 2019 Admission Application Form 71th Regular Course Method of Application
Candidates should log on to the application
portal www.ndaapplications.net select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application via REMITA after first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,500.00 only. Please note that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
Interested candidates are advised to go online and complete the application on the websites indicated above. Please download and read carefully, the Instructions provided on the website. Applicants applying for admission into NDA MUST also apply to the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB), but may not necessarily select NDA as their choice of university. Such applicants are expected to sit for the JAMB Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME).
Submission of Application for NDA 2019 Admission Application Form
Applications should be submitted online. On completion of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form. Upon release of the JAMB results, candidates should return to the applications portal and download their Examination Admission Card. Only candidates who make the JAMB national cut-off mark will be allowed to participate in the NDA Entrance Examination.
Admission Requirement For NDA 2019 Admission Application Form 71th Regular Course
The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website/applications portal. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal. Please note that working knowledge of French Language will be an added advantage to applicants.
- Only candidates who meet the JAMB National cutoff mark will be eligible to sit for the NDA Entrance Examination at their Examination Centre of choice .
- The examination will be conducted as an Entrance Examination and it is scheduled to hold on date yet to be announced.
- Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Examination Centre on the examination date.
- The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam Number, State, Exam Centre, and Course of study and Signature at the back.
- Only successful candidates at the NDA Entrance Examination will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Nature and Duration of Training.
Admitted candidates into NDA for the Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
Regular Course cadets will train in NDA. All aspects of the cadets’ administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government.