Spread the post
The Northern Christian Youth Network on Wednesday alerted Nigerians to alleged “surreptitious and dangerous moves” to silence the General Overseer of the Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide, Apostle Johnson Suleman.
The organisation said it was part of a well-orchestrated campaign to intimidate opposition elements ahead of the 2019 elections.
The NCYN in a statement issued in Abuja by its Secretary-General, Yunana Jacob, said the two-pronged plan being hatched by an unamed northern governor, involved using security agents to intimidate the cleric and to cook up spurious allegations of infidelity against him.
The Christian youth group alleged that agents of the governor had been recruiting young women from across Nigeria and some other parts of the world to discredit and impugn the credibility of Apostle Suleman in a manner that had never been seen before.
‘’We have no doubt that from the events of the past weeks, that security agencies have been under tremendous pressure to frame up Apostle Suleman under spurious charges to put him out of circulation, for speaking against the persecution and killing of Christians by Fulani herdsmen in Southern Kaduna,” Jacob stated.
He said the group was slow to react to the unfolding drama because it was shocked when the news first broke, but realised after thorough investigation that the governor’s 2019 presidential ambition was at the heart of Apostle Suleman’s travails.
According to him, the governor’s grand design was to hound his perceived opponents and to ruin every other persons’ chances just before the 2019 general elections, thus paving the way for him and his co-travellers to have a field day in running the polls with little or no challenge.
The group warned, however, that “Nigerians are very discerning and will easily recognise when an innocent man is being framed for political reasons.”
“The days of anarchy, when innocent people were slammed with spurious charges or their reputation dented to satisfy the inordinate ambition of some persons are gone,” the group added.
Speaking on the attempt to compromise Suleman’s matrimonial home, the NCYN warned that it would fail, “especially now that such devilish plans have been exposed by the same girls that have been hired to rubbish the man of God.”
“The life of any human being, including Apostle Suleman’s, is in the hands of God. We should warn that human life is so sacred that no one should do anything to take it.”
That is and would remain our stand,” Jacob said.
Spread the post